Wow! What a Year!
I don’t know about you but I had a heck of a year (even with my pesky broken foot)! It’s at this time of the year when I reflect on what I did, what I failed to do, and what I’m looking to do in 2020. Do you go through the same process?
I want to share with you some of my key observations and tips from 2019:
- My new clients often think they are worse at business than they are. They look around at their peers and assume that they are playing catch-up, not realizing that they already have everything it takes to be successful - they just need to tweak their direction slightly.
- So many professionals I meet don’t have a plan, so they approach each business year “hoping things work out well”. What I’ve noticed in myself as well as my clients is that by having a clear plan and executing the plan, removes about 90% of the stress of being in business.
- When I ask people who their niche markets are, most people still say “I can work with anyone.” When you focus on the niche markets you most want to serve, an amazing thing happens: those markets start to show up for you. While it can be scary to narrow your focus, that’s actually where the magic happens in regards to building your business.
- Communication is key - the more clearly you communicate to the markets you want to serve, the more quickly you gain clients. If clients aren’t coming in quickly or at all, it is most likely a communication problem or an issue on how you’re executing on your plan.
- We can’t do it alone. Business is built on relationships and when one of us wins, we all win. So look to build business together with professionals who are serving the same markets as you. Then you can both enjoy the rewards of your joint efforts.
I truly hope 2019 was all that you wanted it to be and 2020 will be your best year yet. As always, if we can support you in the upcoming year with either one-one coaching, group training, or keynote speaking engagements, please feel free to reach out.
Wishing you and your family the happiest of the holiday season,
*Photo by Thalia Ruiz on Unsplash
FREE 3-PART MASTERCLASS VIDEO SERIES
The Shouldna, Couldna, Wouldna
Learn the 6 big mistakes you need to fix in your business to finally make an impact