I’ve been trying to figure out how to land my book on the New York Times Best Seller List and wanted to write about it without sounding ridiculous. What I want to say is this: I finally did it you guys, I wrote a Best Seller!
It took a lot of hard work and a lot of late nights but I now have a created a fool proof system that can make this happen over and over again.
1. The first thing you have to do if you want a book on the bestseller list is think, does anybody care about this topic?
2. If you have a great idea, outline your idea out loud. Take it and transcribe it.
3. Send it to a great editor but don't forget the sequins, glitter, gold leaf, embossed letters or tiny LED lights in the cover. People like shiny things.
4. Take a photo of your glittery book cover and print fliers and hand them out to random strangers. What random stranger doesn’t like being handed a piece of paper? You could try handing out hugs, too.
5. Offer a sedative/audiobook combo. If it’s playing while they’re asleep, they’re still reading, it was in a very accredited study a long time ago.
As I have followed all of these steps, I suddenly realized that it felt like I was floating on clouds. And then I woke up and realized this WAS just a dream! However, it would seem, that this dream has now sparked a fire in me and has motivated me to actually attempt another book.
Actually....maybe not yet.
Happy April Fool's Day!