Planning Ahead for Success When You’re Already Overwhelmed
Whenever we are heading into a fresh start in our business, whether it be a new calendar year, fiscal year, or season, it can feel overwhelming when you don’t know where to start.
Here are my tips on setting the stage for a killer year, and setting clear goals for yourself.
1. Mentally Set the Stage
- File the past - don’t carry it forward. Just like an accountant - close the books.
Look at mindset - what does your mindset need to be to get the best out of yourself. Positivity? Abundance? Optimism?
Put practices into action - what are the practices that you need to put in place to stay in that mindset? It could be going for a walk each day, going to the gym, visiting with friends
2. Make a Plan and Set Your Goals
- Take a blank piece of paper and break it into 4 quadrants.
- Then write down 4 different types of goals: for example they could be business development, personal growth, getting admin more organized, and marketing
- For each of these, I want you to write down:
- Up to 3 GOALS per category
- With DEADLINES no further than 12 months into the future
- 3 STRATEGIES to support each goal
- A timeline with MILESTONES for each goal
- Identify what you need to do and what can be outsourced
Then your job is to manage these quadrants, looking to balance your attention between the 4.
Boom! You have a plan! Now go kick some butt!
FREE 3-PART MASTERCLASS VIDEO SERIES
The Shouldna, Couldna, Wouldna
Learn the 6 big mistakes you need to fix in your business to finally make an impact